woensdag 8 juni 2022

3 New 1/72 WWII sets from Mars!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ฅ

Although I am 45 years old ad I have a (imho) pretty impressive army of plastic 1/72 soldiers, I am quite new to the game when it comes to current developments. But now that I am digging into the old brands like Matchbox, ESCI, Airfix and Revell I stumble across new information day after day. Quite an adventure!

I noticed that "new" brands like the Zvezda and Italeri are on the shelves now here in The Netherlands, and the oldskoolers Revell and Airfix join their Ranks. But online there's a complete additional world for this subculture. And in this part of this universe there is Mars Figures. I found out about this brand via Plastic Soldier Review

Yesterday I went to a local store to buy some new Zvezda tanks for my RISK game I am building, and I asked about this Mars brand. The shop owner knew about the brand, but had not seen it for years. He was able to order some sets though, so we agreed to stay in contact about that. 

But today I read the News section of Plastic Soldier Review and it stated that last month Mars released 3 new sets off WWII figures!!!
  • 72127 British Commonwealth
  • 72128 German Panzerjagers
  • 72129 Soviet Border Guards


I immediately called the store, but he was not able to order these sets yet, sadly. So I started to search for information online. I will share with you what info and images I found, and cut out close ups of the figures for each set, both unpainted and "painted". That way we can zoom in a little better on these awesome new minature figures from Mars! And it might come in handy if you I ever want to paint these figures in the future. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hopefully the sets will be available in a box, because that is a thing I like about the hobby as well, the box art. Untill now I only found a seller on eBay that ships the sets without a box... So I will wait untill the box will be available and I will update this article when I find a source...

For more Mars 1/72 sets check:

For now, enjoy the info and images of the 3 new Mars WWII sets! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

72127 British Commonwealth

I found the following info and images on 1-72depot.com.

"British Commonwealth Troops WWII

Unpainted plastic soldiers in 1/72 scale depicting “British Commonwealth“ soldiers during WWII, a generic title which could mean lot of different things, but looking at the appearance of the figures they mostly can be Canadian troops or British troops around Normandy disembark time.

Box contains 40 figures in 8 different poses, a single sprue x 4. Includes one PIAT team."

They link to this this E-bay seller, price is around 12,-- US Dollar, without shipping from Ukraine. When purchasing multiple items, shipping can be combined. 




Figure by figure - Unpainted & "Painted" 



8x





8x




4x


 

4x





4x




4x




4x



72128 German Panzerjagers

I found the following info and images on 1-72depot.com. I have not yet found an image of the sprue. Basicly you get 6 poses x 4 and 2 poses x 8. But with this it is not clear what poses you will get twice on a sprue.

"German Panzerjagers WWII

Unpainted plastic soldiers in 1/72 scale depicting German WWII infantry man with anti-tank weapons, including (2x) mines, (1x) magnetic mines, (3x) Panzerschreck (Raketenpanzerbรผchse 43/54) and (2x) Panzerfaust.
Box contains 40 figures in 8 different poses, one single sprue x 4."

They link to this this E-bay seller, price is around 12,-- US Dollar, without shipping from Ukraine. When purchasing multiple items, shipping can be combined. 



Figure by figure - "Painted"










72129 Soviet Border Guards

I found the following info and images on 1-72depot.com.

"Soviet Border Guards WWII

Unpainted plastic soldiers in 1/72 scale depicting Soviet Border guards during WWII. These troops were into the one who most suffered during the early days of 1941 German invasion, suffering high rate casualties.

Box contains 40 figures in 8 different poses, a single sprue included 4 times."

They link to this this E-bay seller, price is around 12,-- US Dollar, without shipping from Ukraine. When purchasing multiple items, shipping can be combined. 




Figure by figure - Unpainted & "Painted"


8x





8x




4x




4x




4x




4x




4x




4x

Geen opmerkingen: